Torre Astura is a fortified coastal tower and island in Latium, in the territory of the commune of Neptune in the vicinity of the Camping Village Isola Verde. At the site was built, in the imperial age, a villa structured partly on land and partly on an artificial island, equipped with a large fishpond, the remains of which are still partly visible.
In 1193 the site came into the possession of the Frangipane, who to protect themselves from the Saracens built a maritime fortress there with a pentagonal planned tower encircled by water and connected to the mainland by a brick arched bridge. In the area surrounding it is a pine forest where the Astura river flows.
“Archaeological area not open for restoration work”